Support Noise Action Week
Noise is a persistent problem in neighbourhoods and many noise problems can easily be avoided. Recent research findings demonstrate there are more reasons than ever to support Noise Action Week:
- Nearly half the people surveyed in the Defra Noise Attitude Survey (NAS) 2012 (published 2015) said their home life is spoilt by noise to some extent
- In the same survey one in five people asked reported their sleep is disturbed by noise
- Also NAS 2012 found noise has leapt to fourth place (from ninth) in a table of local environmental concerns (making it a bigger local worry than air pollution)
- Other Defra research recently published found it costs a local authority between £130 and £7000 to investigate a noise complaint – so education work to prevent noise problems can be cost effective
- Some businesses are campaigning for a change in the law that could reduce peoples’ protection from noise – the music industry are calling for an ‘Agent of change’ principle to be put in place – which would mean anyone moving near a noisy business would not be able to complain about disturbance.
Please donate what you can to help us inform and educate people about reducing unhealthy and disturbing noise.
You can send us a payment for any amount. You can pay via credit or debit card, or your PayPal account if you have one. Please click the button above and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be able to enter the payment amount and will also be able to add a message to be sent to us with your payment details. If you don’t have a PayPal account, look for the section headed “Don’t have a PayPal account?”.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health