Noise Action Week 2016 – thanks to all our supporters
A huge thanks for all who shouted about noise for Noise Action Week 2016
Loads of great work took place last week to reduce the health impact and social and financial cost of noise to all of us. Unnecessary noise puts a huge burden on our society – from causing disruption and stress to people at home, work and study to contributing to poor health. Local authorities and housing providers across the country took part, and consutlancies and businesses also promoted NAW. Here are some of them:
- A little Vine from West Midlands housing showing you what not to do to your neighbours at the weekend.
- Chelmsford CC have mapped noise hotspots enabling public health professionals to advise residents in those areas on noise services
- Pembrokeshire C spoke to license holders about managing noise from music in pubs and clubs
- Ashram Moseley, a West Midlands housing provider, spoke to residents offering information on noise problems.
- Nottingham City Homes talked to tennants about noise
- Sedgemoor District Council were out and about in Bridgewater working to cut the cost of noise problems
- .. and we couldn’t get away without a mention of the Brexit degbate – with consultancy Bureau Veritas publishing a blog on the european influence on noise standards.
Remember investigating noise complaints costs councils £130 – £7k per complaint – this is not just a cost to the council – those affected by noise need to provide evidence to support investigations as well as suffering the impacts, so there is a cost within communities too. Let us know what you did to tackle noise.
We promote and co-ordinate Noise Action Week on a tiny budget and any support you can offer is very welcome – we know you’re already looking forward to next year and working to find funding – date to be announced soon.
Sign up to our mailing list by contacting email@example.com
Noise Action Week is co-ordinated by Environmental Protection UK who work year round supporting the work of professionals in noise management.