Let us know what you’re planning for Noise Action Weeek 2016:
Blaby District Council will be giving sound advice at Fosse Park Food Hall from 9.30 am on Weds May 25th
Nottingham City Homes are planning to talk to tenants about noise – Be inspired by the great work undertaken by organisations in the East Midlands to raise awareness on noise issues for previous NAW.
East Midlands events for Noise Action Week 2015:
Councils across Leicestershire are repeated their successful poster campaign raising awareness of neighbour noise next week
Hinckley and Bosworth BC are raised the profile of their partnership approach to tackling neighbour noise.
University of Nottingham invited students to find out how headphones are damaging their hearing.
East Midlands events for Noise Action Week 2014:
Kettering, Ipswich, Northampton BC, Nottingham CC, Norfolk DC – all worked to reduce the unhealthy noise that causes unhappy neighbourhoods…
Blaby BC – launched new web pages during NAW
- held noise awareness assemblies in local primary schools
- Friday night Silent Disco for 11 – 14 year olds
- A noise themed Saturday fun day including noise advice, hearing care advice and dog chipping
Kettering BC – highlighted NAW online with their sssh Street video – http://vimeo.com/95755735
Leicestershire Police – promoted in considerate attitude to noise in partnership with local authorities via Twitter and PR http://www.leics.police.uk/news-appeals/news/2014/05/14/tackling-noisy-nuisance-neighbours#.U5a8pijyS8A
Northampton BC environmental health team and neighbourhood wardens were around the town during Noise Action Week raising awareness of noise prevention and solutions to noise problems – more on noise in Northampton here.
North Norfolk DC used a regional saying – “ssssshhh – be you quiet” – as their theme for Noise Action Week 0 they:
- Talked to shoppers in Sainsbury’s in North Walsham on Wednesday 21 May – ‘how to be a good neighbour’. A member of staff dressed up as a dog to highlight barking dogs noise, which generates the largest number of noise complaints for NNDC
- Encouraged residents to share their favourite quiet spot in north Norfolk (social media)
- Had a ‘mobile phones on silent’ day in an otherwise noisy office environment for staff
- Poster campaign to encapsulate 5 themes for each day of the week, shared with partners including local housing association and Police
Nottingham CC – a student city with a purple flag for night life, Nottingham CC in partnership with Nottingham police leafleted 1000s of homes in student areas encouraging a considerate approach to end of term partying – see the sound advice on their helpful leaflet end_of_term_nottingham