On these pages we list just some of the Noise Action Week events that took place last year – the ones that organisers told us about. We know from press overage and Twitter feeds that more takes place – and encourage everyone taking part to let us know about activity – so that we can help with promotions – and measure the impact of the week.
On our regional events pages you will see some of the inspiring work carried out by Noise Action Week supporters – ranging from visits to tenants to online awareness ranging. Below are just a few examples of activity from previous years that we hope will encourage you take take part in raising awareness of anti social noise problems and solutions for this years’ Noise Action Week – May 23rd – 28th.
- London’s oldest social housing provider promoted their guidance on noise
- Testing of students’ listening habits at University of Nottingham found 30% listening to music that could harm their hearing
- West Midlands Mosley and District housing encouraging tenants to sign a good neighbour pledge
- Wiltshire Council held an interactive workshop showing the damage MP3 players can do to hearing
- Nottingham CC and partners asked students to consider neighbours as they celebrated the end of term
See our regional listings for more… and if you’re raising awareness of noise problems for Noise Action Week 2016 let us know what you’re planning as soon as you can – and we can help you promote your work – email@example.com